First time clients
If you are a first-time client, you will be sent a form via email to complete and bring with you to your first appointment. Please remember to fill this out prior to the appointment, so that we do not have to take the time to do this during the appointment time. Having to complete this paperwork is required by law and I cannot start the session without this paperwork completed and signed.This paperwork is completely electronic and confidential per HIPPA regulations. This paperwork will be renewed annually. You will receive an email the 1st week of January each year. You will need to bring in the updated paperwork at your next appointment. All client files are locked and comply with HIPPA confidentiality laws. Please note that part of this paperwork is your consent/waiver form. This will be reviewed prior to every session. The informed consent/waiver form includes but is not limited to:
· I understand that the services offered today are not a substitute for medical care. I understand that my therapist is not qualified to perform spinal or skeletal adjustments, diagnose, prescribe, or treat physical or mental illness.
· I understand that all the services available are provided for stress reduction, relaxation, relief from muscular tension, and improvement of movement, circulation, and energy flow and are considered complementary to conventional medical treatments.
· If I experience pain or discomfort during the session, I will immediately inform my therapist so that pressure/strokes can be adjusted to my level of comfort. I will not hold my therapist responsible for any pain or discomfort I experience during or after the session.
· I affirm that I have notified my therapist of all known medical conditions, allergies, and injuries.
· I agree to inform the therapist of any changes in my health and medical condition. I understand that there shall be no liability on the therapist’s part should I forget to do so.
· I understand that all services provided are entirely therapeutic and non-sexual in nature.
· By signing this release, I hereby waive and release my therapist from any and all liability, past, present, and future relating to massage therapy and bodywork.
Payments for Services
Payments will be made prior to the session. Tips are not required.
If you are 10 minutes late for sessions 30 minutes or less or 20 minutes late for sessions over 30 minutes, you will be required to reschedule your appointment. Should you arrive within the allotted time frame for late arrival, you will have your session, but it will not be extended. Your session will end at the time based on if you had arrived on time. I often have clients after each appointment, and it is not fair to make them wait when they have arrived on time. If you do not make it to the office in the allotted time frame there are two possible outcomes. If you contact me stating you will be late, but you arrive later than the time allotted, this will be considered a late cancellation and a partial refund will be given as explained under the cancellation policy. If you do not contact me that you will be late and arrive later than the time allotted, this is considered a no show and there will be no refund (see cancellation policy for more information).
I require 24-hour notice for cancellations by telephone. Do not email cancellation notifications to me. If you cancel 24 hours or more before your appointment, you will be refunded your session fee minus the credit card processing fee. If you cancel less than 24 hours before your appointment, you will be charged a cancellation fee. For sessions 30 minutes or less, you will be refunded all by $15. For sessions over 30 minutes, you will be refunded all but $25. If you are a no show and have not called, you will not receive a refund. I change this fee because I am setting this time aside for you, as my client. I am not booking extra sessions just in case some one cancels or does not show up. I schedule for the client and give them the time before and after the session that is needed in addition to the session time.
I also know that there will be times that I will have to cancel. In the case of my cancelling an appointment, you will be give a full refund or a credit for another appointment at a later date. Your choice. My goal is to give the same curtesy and give 24-hour notice of any cancellation on my part; however, we all know life happens, and in those cases, I will call and email to ensure you know that the session has been cancelled. As stated, if I cancel, you have the option of a refund for the full amount of the service you scheduled or a credit for another appointment.
This is the section that is not the fun part, but all my clients need to be informed of my policies and procedures. You will receive a copy of all these policies when you arrive for your first appointment, so don’t feel that you have to remember them all right now; however, I do want you to understand in advance how the policies work so there are no surprises.